Saturday, 30 March 2013

what's new, international pussycat?

There's a crazy sale going on right now at Pink Castle Fabrics. Free Spirit are closing out some of their lines - like the previous Anna Maria voiles, Joel Dewberry Modern Meadow and Heirloom, Anna Maria Horner LouLouthi and Innocent Crush, Denyse Schmidt flea market fancy, plus more. Much more. All at $6/yard. Once these fabrics are gone there will be no more, so grab them while you can. I know I've been a bit crazy for the voiles lately, but I am stocking up on more yardage of fabrics for quilt backs and stashing. You know, just in case.


New in this week is Tasha Noel's new line, Little Red Riding Hood. Super cute and the perfect bias stripes for bindings too (red, grey and green colourways) as well as 58" wide chevrons by Riley Blake. check these out, because they're really cool. Regular weight cotton, but wider than normal (here's a simple baby shower gift idea - grab 1 1/4 yards of a wide chevron, and 1 1/4 yards of a cuddle cloth - sew them together for a super soft, super snuggly baby blanket. You could even cut the fabrics in half to make 2 small receiving blanket sized blankets.)




Glamping is new in at Fat Quarter Shop, I love this collection. Perfect picnic checks, vintage feelflorals and fun dots. It's a really great line of fabrics.


Another new arrival is Spring House - so fresh and pretty. And those textured 'solids' are to die for.


A couple of cool new arrivals at Sew Me a Song.....

This would be all kinds of useful...


this is just gorgeous....


Sew Fresh Fabrics are having a huge relaunch on Monday April 1st. With a new website - that's right, a .com site! You can find them from Monday at www.SewFreshFabrics.com
To celebrate there's som e cool stuff happening;


  • the first 50 customers will get a 25% off gift certificate
  • a $100 gift certificate will be awarded to one of the first 100 customers, drawn randomly.


Head over there from Monday and give them a huge congratulations!!!

Ballarat Patchwork is up for sale - but don't worry, it's still open as usual and still has great stuff as always! Emma has decided that after being shopkeeper for so very long, it's time to think of new paths to wander down. If you know of anyone looking for a really gorgeous fabric shop to buy, then send them over!

These Riley Blake labels are brilliant. Just brilliant. You can get pink or blue versions too.


Zooming across the pond to the UK and Annie at the Village Haberdashery has a gorgeous selection of nani iro double gauze which would be perfect for Spring dresses. If Spring were ever to arrive.

This is my favourite, it's so hard to find good navy fabric, I think.


Kate at M is for Make also has a lovely selection of dressmaking fabrics. It's not a new print,but it really is one of the best. Turn of Events by Anna Maria Horner, in voile.


A couple of great sewing patterns at BackStitch that have caught my eye.

This skirt....



and this dress...



Follow Simply Solids on facebook for a chance to win a fabricy prize this week. Just share a pic of your Easter weekend makes! Simple as that.

Pre cut kona hexagons are in stock now. These are 2" sided hexies - perfect for english paper piecing.



Did you know you can get pre-cut paper pieces for a double wedding ring quilt block? Jessie has them at Sew and Quilt.


She has loads of different paper pieces - including the gorgeous and tiny 1/2" hexagons. How cute?


I've got a bundle of these Micro Mod fabrics waiting to be used, just like the bundle from Eclectic Maker. The colours are so great - it's a really cool masculine line without being dull.


Eclectic Maker also have Summersville Spring in stock. I saw someone looking for yardage on twitter today, but I can't remember who it was.

That's it from me for this week. Have a very Happy Easter to all those that celebrate it, whether it's purely for chocolate eggs or for a more Spiritual reason.

Next week I'll be in Exeter at a quilt show, and without a computer so what's new pussycat is taking a break for a week. That means I won't be tempting you with fabric for an extra week. You'd better stock up now to make up for it.




9 comments:

excuseme23 said...

Hi Katy, You seem to buy a lot of fabric from the US, I'm interested to know whether you have to pay import duty when you receive them. Thanks, Debbie. debbiecwatton@hotmail.com

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

I had just been looking at Pink Castle's amazing prices then checked in here! Thanks for the background - I headed back to Pink Castle and bought some wonderful fabrics for backings, stash and just because....

Trudi said...

Good job you're on a break next week, my wallet can't cope after my little late night spending spree with Brenda last night! Happy Easter! x

cat and vee xoxo said...

awesome, thanks Katy. I clicked across to Sew Me a Song and bought some of the fab Tilly alphabet. And a few other pieces of fabric perfection that jumped into my cart. Happy Easter! Catherine

Archie the wonder dog said...

*sticks fingers in ears* La, la, la, I can't hear you!

Elsa said...

Love Archie the wonder dog's reply! but I know resistance is futile ~ must buy ~ tee hee ~

memmens said...

T'was me looking for Summersville Spring yardage - what's wrong, hardly anyone is stocking it yet, that purple Bloomsbury is delicious! See you next wkd.

Dianne Neale said...

Thanks for the heads up on the sale at pink castle fabrics. I treated myself after an unsuccessful shopping trip!

Sheila said...

Temptation followed thro.......sigh.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive