Sunday, 24 November 2013

what's new, British pussycat?

This weekend is the knitting and stitching show in Harrogate - so if you're stuck for something to do, why not pop down and say hi to Justine who is on stand C265. It's her last day today and she'd most definitely be happy to see a friendly face.

Just recently I treated myself to a box of 50 clover wonder clips. It felt a little frivolous but now I've got 50 (as opposed to the pack of 10 I already had) I wonder how I ever managed without them.


I got myself all over excited when I was looking at this cross stitch kit at the village haberdashery today.

The design is printed onto cloth, not aida, so it's easily done and won't take you an absolute age to finish. I love it.

Lots and lots of new stuff arriving in the shop at the minute too.

Botanics has started to arrive, so check that out

and the very gorgeous henna too (from a Brit designer - go Brits!!!)


Over at the Fabric HQ blog there's a new Christmas project - we're onto week 8 of their free projects, and each one is equally brilliant, I think!

This week is Christmas crafting with the kids. Love it. Actually, there's not just one project but a heap of ideas to try so make sure to take a peek!


and whilst you're over there you might as well grab some christmas fabric too, right? There's loads to choose from.


It's probably a good time to think about wrapping your Christmas presents, and to stock up on ribbon. Luckily button up and stitch have us covered. They have a whole heap of ribbons to choose from.

This is a very small selection of their available trims....


Felt is always handy too. They've got a great selection of that in stock. Loads of colours.


I'm really really taken by the cuteness of critter patch, and it's at backstitch now.



the equally gorgeous bluebird park is new in as well


And that's it for this week. Lots and lots of lovely stuff, as usual. Perfect to cheer up a chilly wintery day, don't you think?

Have a lovely Sunday, my house is full of a virus so we're all miserable as heck. Great. I hope you're all feeling chipper and well!!!!

4 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Oh dear, hope the lurgy departs soon!

Cheryl said...

We had that virus last week. I hope yours passes quickly.

Sara said...

Feel better soon! I have had a cold for 2 weeks here myself. Tis the season:(

margaret said...

thanks Katie for telling us about Justine, I went to see her yesterday and discovered she was the lady I had had a long chat with the day before!!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive